Wednesday, October 28, 2009

*Abigail Rae Summers*


Big sister Brooklyn and Abby

Abby 3 days old

Abigail Rae Summers is here! Officially made her appearance @ 9:14pm on October 23,2009


On Oct 23,2009 Camden and i made our way to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital at 6am and filled out paperwork and off we were to have a baby. The nurse got my iv and pitocin going at 7:3oam and then Dr. Billharz came in and broke my water at 8:30 that morning. Camden was being very good about keeping people updated. The came in and attempted to put in my epidural at 10:30 but the first one was not successful. The second epidural was a success and mommy was in a lot of pain at was at a 5. I never could have done it normally, i am a chicken when it comes to pain!!! They kept coming in and checking and i would gradually make my way up there. By 4pm Dr.Billharz told them to start uping the pitocin every 30min to get it going faster to get miss Abby here. Well by 8:30pm she still wasnt here and Dr.Billharz came in and was concerned. He is a stickler for c sections but he was highly recommending it because my pelvic bones were not allowing Abby to come down anymore or she was just to big. I told him to do whatever he needed to do to get her here safely cause he was giving me the option to go longer to see if she would come by herself and like i said i am a chicken when it comes to pain so Camden and i gave him the go a heads on the c section. They got me all prepped and ready to head back to the or to get the c section rolling. During the prep time the anistigolist ( dont think thats right) was a little concerned that since i had the epidural put in almost 12 hours ago it was not going to work and so then if it didnt work he was going to have to put me to sleep :( luckly the stuff worked when he enjected it into my back again and we were on the road to get this baby here. By the time they started my c section i was so tired and worn out i was falling asleep and was not feeling good cause i had not eaten a thing, but after all the labor and pain mommy had to go threw baby Abby officially came out of my stomach at 9:14pm @ 8lbs 10oz 20in long. Camden got to watch the c section so he got to see them cutting me open and taking stuff out of my body to get her here! Poor guy had been threw enough waiting for her to get here got to see all the blood and guts too! When they put my 1st epidural in he went to a pale white and looked like a ghost so he had to go sit down. After the pains and getting sick i finally had my little girl here and now i have 2 beautiful little girls. :) About 10:30pm everyone finally got to see Miss Abby. Brooklyn was so tired and starting to get cranky but she enjoyed holding her little sister.

Saturday Dr.Billharz came in for his round visits and was making sure everything was ok. He was happy we did the c section because Abby laying slightly sideways in my cervix and that may have been why she was not making her way down very well and that when he made the incision normally when you go in to get the baby out you see a arm or a shoulder, well he said she was right there face and all and looking right at him! He said that was the first time that thats every happen to where you see a baby's face right off the get go!

No comments:

Post a Comment